Science of Additive Manufacturing for Next Generation Munitions (SAMM)
- Utilize Science of Additive Manufacturing for Next Generation Munitions to print custom munitions with double the range and increased lethality.
- New Materials: Can we develop tailored metallic alloys and energetic materials that will increase munition range and lethality?
- Design Tools: Can digital tools and methodologies that integrate materials and manufacturing processes with the application environment be developed?
- Processing: Are new manufacturing processes that enable design and materials flexibility, repeatable, low cost and able to be validated and verified?
- New materials: Tailored metallic alloys and propellants to enhance munition range, lethality and maneuverability
- Design tools: Software with knowledge of materials, processes, and environment to adapt and compile optimized threat-responsive designs for both geometry and process
- Processing: Enable flexibility in employment of designs and materials, yet repeatable and low-cost to verify and validate